One of the key pillars that hold up a successful vet clinic business is a loyal customer base. So, the very first step to building that strong customer base is to generate leads. For those who do not know, leads refer to those individuals who might have shown some interest in the product you are selling and has the potential to become a client.
Once a lead is generated, the brand has to make use of various tools like digital advertising, trade shows, direct mailings, third parties, and more to turn it into a client soon. So, the success of your vet clinic business definitely depends on the effectiveness of your marketing strategies.
Genius Veterinary Marketing Ideas You Should Use in 2020
- Highlight your USP
Build your business with a clear Unique Selling Proposition in mind that set’s your vet clinic apart from the 20 other vet clinics in the area. Give your customers a reason to pick your clinic over all the other clinics. As an example, here are a few ideas –
- The highest-rated vet on Yelp in Denver
- The first vet to offer Laser therapy in Michigan
- Visit us for a free vet consult
- Design your logo
The four silver rings, an apple with a bite taken off, the swoosh, or the golden arches that form an “m” are logos, which are so impactful that a mere mention can make one recall the brand. That’s the power of a well-designed logo. It builds unforgettable brand identity. The key to a good logo is to keep it –
- Simple yet unique
- Plan effective offers and packages
Try to introduce seasonal discounts on services, introductory offers that are irresistible, and packages that promise heavy discounts. They are a great scheme to not only attract clients but to retain them as well. Some tactics such as the following work wonders for veterinary clinics –
- Free follow-up/check-up
- First free consultation
- 20% off for the Holiday season on grooming services
- 15% off on a package of 3 consultations
- Consistency is key
It is essential to stay relevant and at the surface of your client’s mind, so they bring their pet to you in times of emergency. This can be achieved through marketing consistently through various platforms, especially digitally.
- Take online listings seriously
Most of us resort to our search engine to find “the best vet near me.” Thus, make sure when one does so, your clinic comes up in the list of names on sites like –
- Google Maps
- Angie’s List
- Yellow Pages
Your job is to make sure that your clinic is listed in those listing sites, and the clinic’s profile should be updated and corrected regularly. Furthermore, it is important to include a lot of pictures of behind the scenes to engage and interest your potential client.
- Handle negative reviews
A potential customer usually goes through the reviews of previous or existing customers and makes their decision heavily based on those reviews, especially the negative ones. Now, it is not uncommon for even the best veterinary services to get a few negative reviews every now and then. However, what can salvage the situation is the proper handling of that negative review. Show your concern, apologize when required, and assist the one giving the negative review.
- Make the most of Social Media
Social media is the secret to the successful modern business. So, make use of Facebook and Instagram to advertise effectively. You can create your business page or profile on these sites for clients to see and interact with, for instance. Finally, hire a social media manager if possible, to take your social media game to its summit.
- Video for the win
Finally, in the age of viral videos, there is no better way to reach your target audience than videos. So, capture BTS, pets being treated, before and after, pet reactions, and everything in between to gain attention from clients.
How to Market Your Veterinary / Vet Clinic
- A landing page with a form
A landing page is an introductory webpage that also serves as an entry point for a website. Hence, attaching a form to this page can retrieve the following information from your potential client at the least –
- Email address
- Phone number
- What kind of pet they have?
- What is the age of the pet?
- How many pets do they have?
All of this information can help tremendously in increasing your brand’s reach.
Studies have shown that businesses that put out at least 11 blogs per month have 3 times more traffic than those who didn’t. One has to create a blog that is relevant and is making the most of Search Engine Optimization. Moreover, the right use of keywords in blogs can help improve your Google ranking, thereby bringing more customers.
The entire purpose of getting the email address from your client is to use it for marketing purposes in the following ways –
- For confirmation
- To notify
- In order to spread awareness
- Send invitation for events
- Use email for email marketing
- Social Media
Not only can one use Facebook ads and Instagram ads to generate more business, but social media can also be used as a platform to create a brand identity and awareness. You can use it to urge people to check your blogs every time you upload them, notify them about special discounts and offers, tell them about your awards and achievements, and a lot more. It is the best way to grow your audience.
How to Shift Your Vet Clinic’s Traditional Marketing into Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is effective, targeted, and a relatively cheaper alternative to traditional marketing. Here are 4 simple ways to do it right.
- Answer common questions through blogs that are search engine optimized.
- Design a mobile-friendly website, which acts as a doorway to all your social media handles.
- Make the most of Social media.
5 Lead Generation ways with Social Media
- Each social media platform, be it Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Linkedin, require a different type of content based on its audience. So, focus on creating relevant content and post them religiously.
- Make the most of videos and pictures to create visually compelling content.
- Similarly, post high-quality visuals consistently on Instagram.
- Run contests and giveaways. As a result, you will lure in genuine leads.
- Use social media advertising.
5 Lead Generation ways with Google Ads
- Target quality leads to more specific keywords.
- Use qualifying copy in ads
- Your landing page should be written, especially for a target audience, to generate quality leads.
- Design a form that collects relevant information and doesn’t waste much time.
- Outsmart your competitor’s ads
5 Smart Ways to Get Qualified Traffic & Leads with SEO
- Link blogs on the main menu so it can be easily accessible.
- Make use of tools such as Yoast to make the best use of target keywords.
- Collaborate with other established bloggers so you can use their platform to guest post.
- Interview influential personalities and include their views and quotes.
- Audit your website to figure out the flaws and fix them to improve your lead count.
Therefore, it can be concluded that marketing, especially digital, is crucial in today’s day and age and involves a hoard of strategies and tools that are best known by the experts. So, make a wise investment today and hire lead generators to take your vet clinic to new heights.